- 2 packages (8.8 oz each) microwavable long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 lb uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, thawed if frozen, tail shells removed
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 1/2 cups sweet-and-sour sauce
- Cook rice in microwave as directed on package. Place in bowl; cover to keep warm.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add onion; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add bell peppers; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in shrimp and pineapple. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; stir in sweet-and-sour sauce. Cook 1 to 2 minute, stirring constantly, until shrimp are pink. Serve shrimp mixture over rice.
- Place prepped ingredients on a plate or cutting board in order of use. You won’t have to look at the recipe to see what to add next.
- Buy fresh-from-the-garden produce at the farmers’ market. Keep a cooler in your car to keep items fresh if you’re not going straight home.
Recipe by Betty Crocker Kitchens